Ultima data aggiornamento: 09/02/2010
(Aims of the course)
With economic globalization proceeding at a fast pace, political, economic and cultural exchanges and cooperation are burgeoning between China and the European Union. Educating European students to become professionals well-versed in Chinese culture and language is indispensable for the profitable development of mutual relations.
The course aims at teaching basic Chinese language and culture, at the same time offering the opportunity to grasp some key elements of Chinese history, society and traditional philosophic ideas.
Students will also be exposed to typical language functions and expressions, as well as to technical terms belonging to the business and politics realms.
Beginner students are expected to develop a coherent study method for the Mandarin language. They should acquire sufficient knowledge of phonetics, learn to write Chinese characters and develop some capacity to communicate in Chinese in daily life contexts. Eventually, students will be expected to read short passages (about 80 words) and answer relevant questions.
- Introduction to Chinese language and characters (tones, characters and basic grammar)
- Pronunciation issues (initials, finals, tones)
- Character writing (strokes and relevant rules)
- Introduction to basic words and grammar for daily life
- Exploration of Chinese cultural aspects such as traditional festivals, food, music, paintings and movies.
Modalità di Esame
(Method of evaluation)
The exam will be made of four parts:
- Listening and syllables writing;
- Reading of a short passage (approx. 80 words)
- A brief oral description of one's personal daily life
- A grammar/writing session requiring to create a phrase using the given words (words and characters)